English at Work
Онлайн всего: 1
|Главная » Файлы » УМКД: специальность 10. 02. 16 - переводоведение » Контрольные и тесты|
Контрольная 10 (тест)
Encircle the right point:
1. Business English is a sphere of communication in which the interests of a learner of English and a professional translator may not coincide because:
a. A learner of English is not interested in writing business letters and drawing up contracts;
b. A learner of English is measuring his progress with enlarging his knowledge of terms;
c. A good learner of English will always make a good translator;
d. A learner of English is primarily interested in words of high frequency.
2. Most schools of translation follow in the wake of the theory of translation of:
a. John Dryden;
b. Roman Jakobson;
c. Lynn Visson;
d. Michael Riffatterre.
3. The most complicated linguistic pattern for translation is:
4. The translation process starts with:
a. Choosing the level of equivalence;
b. Defining the translemes which generate a translation problem;
c. Eliminating unnecessary meanings;
d. Associating the text with one of the registers of the language.
5. The shortest way to describe the target professional skills of a translator is:
a. A large stock of words;
b. A good command of synonymous forms;
c. A gift of decoding unfamiliar words;
d. A good knowledge of grammar.
6. Most problems for the translator are generated by:
a. Cultural and institutional terms;
d. High-frequency words of Anglo- Saxon origin.
7. The most important thing for a translator is:
a. To know classical literature of the SL;
b. To have a thorough command of devices of translation;
c. To live for a considerable span of time in the SL country.
d. To have a chance of practicing the SL on a daily basis.
8. The most important device for the translator to learn is found at:
a. The first level of equivalence;
b. The second level of equivalence;
c. The third level of equivalence;
d. The fourth level of equivalence.
9. The importance of prototype texts for translators was indicated by:
a. I. S. Alekseyeva;
b. G. E. Miram;
c. A. P. Tchuzhakin;
d. David Powell.
10. The list of terms used by the theory of translation can be found in a work by:
a. L. S Barkhudarov;
b. V. S. Vinogradov;
c. Y. A. Sorokin;
d. A. D. Shveitser.
|Просмотров: 237 | Загрузок: 0 ||
|Всего комментариев: 0|